Sunday, April 11, 2010

Oh tiny seedlings, I see you!

Seedlings have sprouted! I noticed them last night, and then today they really popped! They are all 4 kale pots, each one with 3 or so little green guys. I'm really excited, since the other pots have basil and parsley, which I grew last summer so I know their "process". (Cucumber would be exciting too, but they are big seeds, and I don't expect them to sprout for a few more days).

















Since they sprouted, and I'm worried that they won't get enough "sunlight", we went out and bought another full spectrum lamp. I figure that we'll use them as matching table lamps eventually, so it's not a waste.
















Who are these cuties?!


Happy Gardening!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Very nice! They will double in size probably overnight!! And love the pic of Kurt and Saba; Saba looks like she's smiling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally check them about 10 or 15 times a day - and each time they seem to be bigger! Doesn't she look like she's smiling!? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is amazing! I'll have to post pics of the square foot garden mom, dad, me and BW built over the weekend once we get it filled with soil. What are your thoughts on compost tea? We also made a separate 1'x1' square for the zucchini. Which, by the way, look frightening during the germination process. Like giant white spiders with a little green hat. haha!

    ReplyDelete