Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Garden Visitors!

Our garden has seen four visitors recently! We were very excited to have my sister, Sixty Four Love Notes, come by with her hubby, Mr. W, and  have a look (don't you just love the photography and artwork on her site?!):
And then tonight, Kurt's parents came by to drop off a couch that we were fortunate to inherit from Kurt's sister and brother in law (thanks Jenny and Vince, it's so cozy!), so they came by:
Here's me and Kurt posing with Ulfgar - who happens to be very photogenic:
Look how happy we look! We love our garden! And we love our garden visitors! And we'd love for YOU to come by too!

So we've been seeing a lot of progress in growth lately. I swear you could watch the plants grow, it's that fast.


Look at these cukie cuties:

And the zucchinis are getting huge:

And watch out! The tomatoes are taking over!


The kale is nearly harvest size:

Oh here's a sleeping pup!

The beet tops are looking lovely:



And the lettuce is gorgeous:

We're actually starting to see some fruit - check it out and see if you can spot them. Sorry if some pictures are a bit blurry - I should bring my tripod.


We went on a trip to Asheville, North Carolina last week and had a great time. We toured the mountains and the city and ate lots of good food. Early Girl Eatery was my favorite. We stayed here, which was the perfect location - in the exact center of the city.

Here's Kurt communing with the mountains:

And here I am at a lookout on the way to Mount Mitchell, the highest mountain peak east of the Mississippi
We took the Blue Ridge Parkway, which I would highly recommend for great views. The mountains are amazing.
My photos don't do the mountains justice. It was gorgeous.

5 comments:

  1. The plants are looking great! Glad to see they all survived during the trip, and Ulfgar seemed to do his job while you were away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am impressed! And what a great post. Thanks for the mention!! Lots of great photographs as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update Sara! The garden looks fantastic! Glad you guys enjoyed your trip to NC. Hopefully we will get to visit your garden soon as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I see you have zucchini. The absolute best pasta dish I ever had was with zucchini flowers and saffron (similar to this):

    http://italicious.wordpress.com/2009/06/24/farfalle-with-zucchini-flowers-and-saffron/

    I highly recommend it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipe - I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete